Dorking Cricket Club is looking for a Head Coach to be part of our club and develop talent for both the junior and senior members.
Located at the foot of Box Hill, Dorking Cricket Club currently plays in Division 2 of the Surrey Championship. We are extremely proud to be running one of the largest youth cricket programmes in Surrey, with over 180 boys and girls playing from U4 to U15.
We are looking for a Level 2 or above ECB coach to work with junior and senior amateur cricketers who would like to be responsible for guiding a cricket programme for a club that wishes to provide an enjoyable and inclusive membership experience and develop talent.
• To plan and implement fully inclusive, annual (indoor/outdoor) coaching programmes for the Senior and Junior sections of the Club.
• Manage facilities and players to ensure that all practice sessions are appropriately delivered with adequate coaching that training sessions are consistently delivered to a high standard
• To monitor the quality of coaching sessions and ensure that the content is suitable for the players at Dorking Cricket Club, with the aim of developing players technical and tactical understanding of the game.
• To develop a pool of talented junior cricketers and, by working closely with all Club Captains, identify juniors with the potential to play adult cricket, and ensure their transition into adult teams.
• To conduct/manage/direct all training sessions whether group or one to one, in accordance with the appropriate ECB guidelines and good practice. Liaise with Club Health and safety Officer and Welfare Officer as necessary.
Hours (subject to change)
Summer (May – July)
• 5:00pm – 8:00pm on Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday evenings
Winter (Feb – Apr)
• 5:30pm – 8:30pm on Friday/Sunday evenings
£4500 per year (pro rata for 2022)
To apply send a CV to Rob Chave at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and currently have or be able to obtain an ECB DBS (DCC can organise an ECB DBS for you).
*Coaches will be employed on a self-employed basis.